Thursday, July 11, 2013

Bill, Thursday July 11

C wants everyone to know it's free Slurpy day (7 Eleven).

No big news this morning, but here is some catch up information. Late Monday, scan (CTA) was done where they inject dye in the bloodstream and scan as it enters the brain. They also wanted to do an angiogram (which starts at the femoral artery - thigh- instead of at the neck) BUT they kidneys were showing some stress. The kidneys weren't in danger, but the dye is toxic enough to not be used if the kidneys aren't "happy." Yes, a doctor actually used the word happy.

One of today's order is for a renal consult to have those experts evaluate the issue with the kidneys.

Another piece of catch-up: family medical history.  As I mentioned, the doctors are not only treating his crisis, they want to know what has caused the situation. Long term high blood pressure can cause a bleed, but they say he's much too young. I  could tell them my family side, with no young-onset problems, say age 40 or 50 or below.

But Bill's birth dad? Umm, well I haven't had contact in some 33 years? His dad was 20 or 21 when we divorced, so not history on him at that point, and I was guessing the other grandparents were about 40 with no known problems at that point. A great-grandmother passed away from a stroke right about those days, but she was about 70 I think.

I reached out through Facebook to see if I could find the right person, and his son, and asked if they would share any data. (My ex tried to friend me on FB a couple of years ago, which was just weird.)

We will see if there is any response.

No comments:

Post a Comment