Saturday, October 20, 2012

More non-exciting: cleaning

So it's taken me three days to do a thorough vacuuming of the house. What's thorough?  Not just the floors! I used the edge tool and the small brush to also go after cobwebs and the window troughs. 

Would you like to know the body count on picking up dead flies?  No?  I didn't think so.

The process can be a little slow when Sweetie is sleeping ('cuz I don't want to wake him, of course) or if he's watching TV ('cuz then I either work elsewhere or work around him during commercials).

But in the last three days we also got a new battery in the riding lawnmower, so the yard got a haircut! And I trimmed the birch tree back from the house some more and back from the driveway. And we got more items onto the new storage shelves in the shop. And - wahoo - I cleaned three toilets. The joy of retirement.

Surely the highlight was when I made cinnamon rolls Wednesday evening.  Luckily a small pan of 6 went into the freezer.

Oh and I separated a bunch of hostas and a day lily for B/N8.

We got hardware ( a whole $1.95 of materials!) so we could finally attach the new 'bowl' to the dining room light fixture. It turns out the old bolt had been sheared off, so I got to play with the extractor toy.  I mean tool.

Mike and his friend Jeff plan to torch the burn pile on Monday. The previous owners had a soaker hose out to the pile, so I located the connector end. My tarp had blown off the pile with the last big wind, so I got it pulled back over before the rains started again yesterday.

There's more but I know you appreciate getting the highlights.


No comments:

Post a Comment