Friday, September 6, 2013

Thursday: RIO discussion; Friday: I took a day off

On Thursday, the coordinator at Bill's facility told me that RIO is working to "take" him, but his current therapists were surprised and thought it might be a bit early. I agreed, and also explained Ayn had a bad vibe from the woman who visited, perhaps as being to much of a marketing spiel. In the end, I asked her to help put the discussion off for two weeks as The Big Apartment Move will happen in ten days and the family situation doesn't need upheaval all at the same time.

We have a moving company reserved, and the city parking permit ordered.

Friday, I took a day off. ("I" being Julie, Bill's mom.) Today isn't really an update about Bill, just peripheral activity.  I'm hoping that next week, during one of his three "standing" days, I can get a good picture or maybe even a video to post!

A day off is relative. After granddaughter "C" went off to school, I dropped some big items at electronics recycling that we were FINALLY able to get Bill to let go. On my way home, really home, my home, I got a call from the short term disability coordinator -- so a short conversation about OHSU's insistence on particular language in the release, and yes I had sent it a week ago, and yes I would also fax her a copy for her file.

Stopped to get Bill a couple more pair of gym shorts. This took two stops.

Mid-afternoon I received a call from the drug-study nurse at OHSU. I was happy to give him an update on how well Bill is doing. At the three month mark, they will do another CAT scan as part of their study; I got him to coordinate the scan with Bill's already scheduled follow-up in mid-October.


No comments:

Post a Comment