Wednesday, April 20, 2016

Wednesday, April 20, 2016: Mike is home

Friends, I will catch you up, but most importantly, Mike is home.  

I have a thousand things I would like to do outside (okay, maybe just a couple hundred); for now I'm staying inside today until I know he's really settled back in.

Infusion supplies should be delivered soon, and a nurse is coming this afternoon to train me. 

For my daily rant (skip if you dislike the negative): the facility noticed I posted comments on the Internet (Google, one star). Director of nursing and another woman -- forgot who already -- came in yesterday and wanted to address my concerns. They say he was never given Ativan. I stopped short of saying BS; instead I told them two staff, including the nurse practitioner, told me he had received it and they explained why. 

My comment also said it was very noisy.  They acknowledged his room was in a noisy area, but they wanted him right by the nurses station, he is a fall risk and they wanted to keep eyes on him.  I'm not bowled over by their concern. Interesting they monitor internet comments.

Today's positive: He's home.  He's sleeping. It's a beautiful day. 

1 comment:

  1. You are high on my hero list (a very short list) Love you guys. Char

    ReplyDelete