Friday, January 22, 2010

Argh - and not in a pirate sense

Argh, argh, argh. The grab bar and secure mount system that I was sold do NOT go together.

This morning I fiddle-farted with it for a few minutes. (One of my dad's phrases. Now that it's in print, I'm wondering where it comes from. Did he make it up?)

And I can't put the TP holder on right now. I have to drill and tap in wall anchors, but M's asleep. So I should shower and get on down to the store. Or maybe just go grunge, since they messed me up.

Honestly, this wasn't like I picked something off the shelf at Home Depot. It was from a glass company that does a lot of shower installs, so they have a large selection of towel bars and grab bars. The "guy from the back" even came out and walked me through it, and showed me a couple of my options for the bars.

I'm trying to support local business, but I may end up back at Home Depot. At which point I will take down the blind in the bedroom where the drawstring broke so I can have it rebuilt or a new one made.

Always projects...

Or maybe I should take a bike ride on this beautiful, calm, mild morning.

2 comments:

  1. Yes "fiddle-farted" one of your Dad's many colorful descriptions of a frustrating activity. I'm not sure if he made it up, but he's the only one I've ever heard use it. He was very good at making up names and sayings. Going over Cornelius Pass to the Float Plane he had a name for every curve in the road. He named hills and mountains in Canada. And he have us the ever popular "hooligan". I loved it all. Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fred also used the term "fiddle-farted" alot.. I think it is a guy thing!!!

    ReplyDelete