Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Projects

Baby steps forward today on the half-bath project. Left here around 10:30 to make a local trip for supplies. Got back about 1:30 after including a trip to Lloyd Center. Charged up the new multi-tool, made lunch, marked where the sheet rock needed to be cut out, marked where the grab bar will go. Cut out the sheet rock.

Tomorrow I'll cut the 2x4 to lengths for the bracing between studs (new backer for the sink to screw into). One of the lengths I have to notch for the vent pipe - bleh. We don't have the attachment (mandril) for the hole cutter to go on the drill. If one of our neighbors doesn't have one, maybe I can just run to Ace. Otherwise a little longer trip to Home Depot or Lowes or Sears. Then I can get the secure mount set up for the grab bars. Maybe cut the replacement sheet rock, screw it in, tape, and get an initial slab of compound on it.

That would be a lot of good progress. Also have to work in breakfast, lunch, dinner, help Mike with his exercises, run to the grocery store.

I'm really good at taking things apart. Now we'll see if I can get it put back together again.

No comments:

Post a Comment