Friday, January 8, 2010

Traveling -- or not

People have different definitions of traveling. Some people travel out of town for a day to visit friends. Others might say that's not really traveling, and "real" traveling must involve an airplane, or a boat, or at least an overnight away, or a passport, or a different time zone.

Whatever you call it, I would rather be getting ready for our annual "travel." We were scheduled to leave next week and be gone 5+ weeks. But we aren't mobile enough right now.

But I am taking off a week from work (week of MLK holiday). Mike will have a couple of P.T. appointments, and I have a list of things I need to get done in the trailer and around the house.

Trailer: take the bi-fold shower door out, so we can just use a shower curtain. Maybe wash it (the trailer that is, not the shower door), if we get a half-dry day (oh yeah, I live to climb on top of the fifth wheel!). See if we (I) can secure the new flat screen TV differently/better. Get one of the tail lights working. Make the bed. Put the new license tabs on the plate. maybe even put the cover on the whole thing (we've only had it two years and never used it).

In the house: like usual, general cleaning. Remove and resilicone the master shower edges. Re-grout some of the glass block wall. Oh yes, how could I forget the guest half-bath: M pulled the pedestal sink out of the wall. So I need to take it completely out of the room so I can: remove the lower-half wallpaper (it has separate top and bottom patterns with a border strip in the middle), cut out a section of sheetrock, install a nailer board behind where the pedestal sink will re-attach, re-sheet/mud/texture, while I'm at it install a grab bar in front of the toilet, paint the lower half of the walls, reinstall the sink.

In many ways, that's more of a vacation to me than driving 300 miles a day for 4 days so I can lull around for a few weeks. But I will miss the sun, and our friends, and a chance to ride my bike everyday : (

Gotta go. One of the light bulbs over me needs to be replaced, which reminds me that one of the outside garage lights went out yesterday too!

I'm so glad I'm mobile, even if I'm not on the road.

1 comment:

  1. Hey.
    I am totally agree with you that different People have different definitions of traveling. I love to travel in sea through boats and cruse .. There is so much Fun in Atlantic.

    ReplyDelete