Monday, January 13, 2014

Bill: It's not about me [Julie]

[post by Julie]

I've had so many people say, "Julie, you are so strong" or similar comments that I feel the need to set the record straight.

First let me say I really appreciate the encouragement, but Bill is the one who has worked hard to come so far. One of my [many] cousins remarked that we all have our crosses to bear, and man is that true throughout our family. Yes, if I start through the list of my brothers and 16 cousins, each has had their fiery trials. And we all have been a big support group for each other.  It's not just about surviving challenges, as we celebrate life's accomplishments too! Marriages, births/adoptions, house-buying, travels, the whole messy lot called life.

My posts are, obviously, from my point of view, and I suppose that view can naturally carry a martyrdom tone -- not my intention.  I've invited Bill to be an author on this blog; he's a private sort, and might not have much to say about himself.  We will see.

No comments:

Post a Comment