Friday, November 1, 2013

Just venting: problems posting video

I have spent a few unsuccessful hours trying to post video.
 
And I have a new laptop, an HP Pavilion Touchscreen, which was supposed to make life easier. Sigh. Windows 8, hard to back out of things, OR sometimes it "swoosh" goes to the Start screen, leaves things open (supposedly for quick access in future use) but already seems bogged down and slow to respond.
 
The specific video problems: Blogger doesn't want to take in MP4 videos, plus it was over 100 MB. So okay, there are lots of utilities to convert to an acceptable format, but how do I edit the size? Supposedly through Windows Media. Oh, but first look, there's a utility on this new laptop for "CyberLink Power Director." But oh wait, now that I'm into it, there doesn't seem to be an option to rotate -- I took the video in a 'portrait' orientation because it shows Bill standing and walking. Oh, and now wait again, because when I left the utility, it seems to have deleted the video from my phone. So now that I've found Windows Media Player (WMP), I don't have the video. And videos from last week show "0" size in WMP, and won't drag to the playlist. If I pull it up in File Explorer and double-click, it is run using an Xbox utility.
 
So I will keep trying. If I'm there in time for a walking session today, I will at least try a "landscape" video.
 
All Saints Day? I'm not feeling very saintly! Must think happy thoughts, good karma, calm water...

No comments:

Post a Comment