Monday, October 23, 2017

Comfort care

We made a lot of phone calls yesterday and asked the word to be spread further in family and social circles, so I am sorry if this is hitting you without a personal call: Mom is being discharged to home this morning for hospice care. That means end-of-life comfort care. 

Further interventions will not create improvement or bring back any quality in her remaining days.

We have a lot of visitors coming today and tomorrow, so bear with me if I don't answer your calls and messages promptly. 

Yes it is sad to see her go, but we are not really letting her go?  No. We will hold the memories of an incredible woman who had a wonderful life, a woman who touched you and I deeply in different ways.

Thank you all for joining us on this journey.  More later.

3 comments:

  1. So sorry to hear about your mom, my friend, Bette. I am including Alice in this - we will have the most wonderful memories of camping, flying, fishing around beautiful British Columbia. Please give her a hug for me. Vickie is keeping me updated also.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Please tell Grandma Bette that we love her and appreciate all the beauty that she is and want her to know we are praying for her and this is not the end, may we meet again in Eternity in Jesus!

    ReplyDelete