Monday, October 30, 2017

Harpist tomorrow

Tomorrow the hospice harpist will play for Mom. I will livestream on Facebook, which will save it for future viewing.

Last night I called for a hospice nurse to come out to the house. Late. Close to midnight. She just seemed to be fading fast. She had stopped requesting water that morning. She was on the second or third day of not being able to really converse. And her eye was no longer focusing on anything. Nurse Juanita examined her and said, "not tonight. Probably getting close."

Today's regularly scheduled hospice nurse reminded me it's really hard to predict. I know that because my Dad (really quick) and my husband (really drawn out) were two extreme examples. Even with that caution, she thinks anywhere from two days to one week.

Pain seems to be well controlled. The number of people we've had around could be too loud, but she hasn't seemed to be irritated by noise.

Thank you for all your kind thoughts. May warmth and comfort also surround you.

No comments:

Post a Comment