Monday, October 16, 2017

Paranoia plus

Saturday sucked.

Sunday was worse (I said I didn't have words).

Today topped worse than suck-y.
Mom had lots of vague commands, and anger at not having those 'needs' met. Yes, my sweet, forgiving, humane mother. Then late in the day she suddenly refused meds, refused a changeover in the IV bag and the second daily dose of the daily antibiotic. I won't detail all the arguments, counter arguments, paranoia, weirdness, and tears. But I was seriously concerned too much time had passed to keep her access port viable; it has to be in use, or else flushed with saline every hour.  We finally got to a point where she agreed to let a nurse try to flush it; it still worked after not being used in two and a half hours.

I hope tomorrow goes back to regular suck day. I will celebrate it.

2 comments:

  1. You are an angel...a very tired angel!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Julie, let us know if you need us. We are ready to come. Please take care of yourself. Love you.

    ReplyDelete