Monday, February 8, 2010

Mayo or Miracle Whip?

Since my most-commented post had to do with food (remember B.S.?), I thought I would try another.

Are you a mayonnaise person, or Miracle Whip?

I am mayo. Not slathering, dripping, slopping amounts -- see Bill III for a fan of that much goo. But definitely mayo over Miracle Whip. So much that years ago when I ordered a tuna sandwich and found it was made with Mwhip, I only ate half.

Mike on the other hand is a Mwhip guy. Oh, yes, he is also the one who likes the old B.S. Need I say more?

Maybe next time we can discuss mac 'n cheese: homemade or Kraft?

6 comments:

  1. Remind me, what is B.S.? And I am with you on the Mayo.

    Mac and Cheese; definatley homemade. Seems to be a definate age barrier about the choice. The younger ones (40 and under) like the Blue Box. Yuk.

    Can't help you with good TV shows. I'm getting further and further away from it. Oh, except for Baseball. Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. BS is the famous brussells sprouts

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mayo, of course. But I have fond memories of growing up un a house with Mayo and MWhip, mostly because it meant we were different.

    In fact, in I'm thinking about it just now, I realized that we had a lot of things like that growing up. For instance:
    - Mayo and Miracle Whip
    - Butter and margarine
    - Milk: 1% and nonfat...
    - Later on: 1% and nonfat AND soy. (Ha!)

    But to your more important question, for which you already know my response: Boxed mac-n-cheese over homemade any day. (Sorry gma, sorry mom.) No neccessarily Kraft; I'm a much bigger fan of Annie's. But boxed is best!

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG!!!! How could I have forgotten the B.S.

    And Brooke, to be fair not to many months ago I decided to try the boxed Mac & Cheese. (thought it would be faster, etc) I could not eat it; couple of bites and it was thrown out. Gma and Mom

    ReplyDelete
  5. Miracle Whip for me... sorry ....

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mayo. Miracle whip is just to strong flavored....ewwww....

    ReplyDelete