Tuesday, February 16, 2010

While I'm at it: weird lists and cascades

Have you ever made a shopping list and then reflected on some of the odd combinations? Well I made a mental list yesterday of everything to put in the car for the trip to BandN8's, and here it is:
1. Hubby, which also meant his bag for after PT appointment, wheelchair, and walker
2. Small cooler with turkey soup stock
3. Chainsaw with bucket of stuff (wedges, engine oil)
4. Laptop (with tax software)
5. Granddaughter and her stuff

Forgot one thing, sorry Mom and Brooke. When we were at Mom's last week, she had a ball cap for Nate, so I offered to give it to them. But oops, it is still on the dining table. So I think a goal for today is cleaning off that table. And the cascade effect means: install the blu-ray player (sitting on that table since the day after Thanksgiving); re-texture and paint the wall section behind the china cabinet so I can take items off the table and put them back on the cabinet; figure out which of the new phones receipts and accessory boxes to keep - and where to put them.

You know how it goes.

When I take out the older DVD player, I get to figure out where to put it. Maybe hook it up the smaller TV? Or should it replace the VCR/DVD player in the trailer? Or go in the pile of electronics in a spare room? Ooh, maybe I should get on Craigslist and get rid of said pile. Anybody still need to record onto tape?

And texture/paint. As long as I'm at it, I should retexture a small spot around the corner in the kitchen. The previous owners did a smooth-ish patch there, no texture but did re-paint. And of course it's a different color than the dining area (but luckily we have the paint). And as long as I'm at it with that color, the paint around the kitchen door to outside could use just a couple of hits where they overpainted from the white frame.

And while I'm at it in the dining area, I noticed yesterday that the entry table has one Christmas thing that didn't get boxed up and into the storage loft in the garage. And while I'm at it with the entry table, we have a bunch of loose pictures there. I really should scan them and get a digital frame.


Oh, yeah, and I should copy various pictures onto my new-ish 1.5 terabyte backup drive.


Whoa Julie, back to the dining area first. I've also been wanting to take down the light fixture and spray paint over the '80's gold look (odd since this house was built in '95), plus it needs a longer chain so I can put up a ceiling hook and position the lighting over the center of the table. And one of these days re-cover the seat cushions.

Guess I better get at it! Oh, I'm on vacation today if you're wondering why I'm planning all this.

1 comment:

  1. "Slow down, you move to fast....got to make the morning last...."

    Just kidding, wish I could get my energy back. Maybe more gym and sunshine will help. Mom

    ReplyDelete