Friday, February 26, 2010

Surgery coming up (not me)

Mike will have knee replacement surgery March 16.

You kinda get a clue when you're in the x-ray room with the technician, and as the first picture comes up he says to you, "That knee's really shot, isn't it." I know he is not supposed to say that, but it was pretty obvious to me anyway. I should have asked if they could e-mail a copy and I would have posted it. Amazing to see the September picture with normal spacing through the joint compared to yesterday where the interior side is totally mashed down, bone on bone.

There will be four various pre-op appointments next week and one the week after. There was another message on the machine today which I think was taken care of. Lots of paperwork, plus all the leave stuff for my work (I expect to be off work for two full weeks, plus intermittent time after that for physical therapy appointments).

Hey, speaking of PT: at Mike's last appointment, before this came up and canceled future appts, we found out that the parents of his therapist live behind us and down about four houses. Small world. I guess after you see someone twice a week for three months you're going to find some connections.

We're not worried about the surgery. SW Washington Medical reportedly has one of the lowest possible infection rates.

I'm going to go watch some Olympics and try not to think about those poor knees being punished up in the other Vancouver!

No comments:

Post a Comment